01 Jul Property Manager
Location: Derby – Derbyshire
Property Manager – Derby – up to £25k depending on experience
This is a very exciting opportunity to join a busy and vibrant Estate/Lettings Agency in Derby. This Agent has a long-established history in the area and are enjoying continued growth. They have a long serving team and don’t often have vacancies become available – when they do, they look to employ the best in the business and as such are happy to offer a great package. They pride themselves on having a great working atmosphere with a friendly team and have a refreshing and forward-thinking approach to doing business.
My Clients are looking for an energetic individual with 12 months experience in Property Management, who can work to a high standard with a large portfolio, keeping on top of all aspects at all times. They will need to be organised, efficient and a great communicator.
– Liaise with Landlords and negotiate with contractors for works to be carried out on properties.
– Arrange inventories, gas safety certificates, EPC’s and all other legal documentation to ensure that all managed properties comply with current legislation.
– Ensure that all managed properties comply with current legislation with regards to: gas safety, fire and furnishings, electrical safety & non-resident landlords.
– Arrange and carry out property inspections including reporting findings to the landlord and arranging remedial works and/or follow up visits if required.
– Manage all tenancy renewals
– Deal with complaints from Landlords and Tenants.
– Handle deposit dispute negotiations.
– Chase overdue rental payments.
– Notify utility companies of all new tenants and change of occupants including the forwarding of all meter readings.
– Deal with general maintenance issues promptly with relation to the existing managed portfolio.
– Manage the property diary system to ensure that all reminders, gas safety inspections, management visits and tenancy renewals are completed on time.
Experience, qualifications and desirables
– Property Management experience is ESSENTIAL
– Possess good customer relation skills
– The ability to work on their own initiative as well as part of a team
– The ability to prioritise their workload and act competently under pressure
– Be pro-active, a quick learner and has excellent attention to detail
– Good communication skills and telephone manner
– Excellent problem-solving skills
– Hours – Monday – Friday 9.30 – 5.30 – NO SATURDAYS
What you need to do now
If you feel you have the stand out ability to succeed in this Property Management role and have the drive to match this multi-award winning agency, click ‘apply now’ to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us to discuss any other available roles. If this job isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact Buzzrecruit for a confidential chat.
Job Reference: JO0000005992